300 win mag

Cory

And I forgot to mention, he's UGLY too !!

Despite all that, he's without a doubt the best hunting partner I have ever hunted with, and I have been with him in some pretty dicey situations in Alaska, northern Canada and the Rocky Mountains as well as plenty of time here in the hills of western NY and north central PA.

In the spirit of this thread, he uses stoutly constructed 180 grain grain bullets in his .300 Win for all of his hunting, including whitetails. I happen to know that because I LOAD his ammo for him.

I bet he like dragging too.

I bet he like dragging too.

I don't know if he liked it, but he did more than his share..

One evening in 1996, he killed a BIG Alaska bull moose just before dark one evening. He, I and another fellow worked until 2 AM the next morning by lantern light dismembering the beast and moving the quarters a couple hundred yards from the gutpile to lessen the likelihood that the local grizzlies would find it.

We got a few hours sleep and went back the next morning, boned out the meat and moved it another 1/4 mile to a temporary meat pole.

We spent the next the next 3 days packing the meat out to a lake where a float plane could get to it.

I did most of the knife work, but he sure did more than his share of the bull work packing out the meat and the 55 inch rack...I have a picture of the big ugly bastard carrying out the last load of meat and the antlers.

I'm talking about my good buddy Fungus Face.

The grizzlies are prettier than he is, despite the fact that they appear to have a chip on their shoulder whenever you see them.

Fungus is actually pretty good natured, but you would not know it to look at him..He's one of those guys who always looks pissed off at the world in his hero pictures.