4th Circuit has ruled that Americans have a “fundamental right” to so-called "assault weapons"

no need to jump into any conspiracy theory, they're coming for our guns political thread.  however, i do very strongly feel this has a lot of relevance to firearms and hunting with firearms.  this ruling was huge.  regardless of which judge is appointed to replace Scalia, or how any other justice's might be tempted to rule, this ruling can't be ignored.  each ruling is still open for interpretation, but previous ruling can't really be ignored.  not when the details are so very similar to those of the SAFE Act and our situation in NY.

Gun owners in this country aren't completely screwed yet, but we are bent over with our pants around our ankles. It's going to take a concerted effort to prevent the final act, and the willful ignorance around this site with regard to the importance of politics floors me.

I have a friend in Australia who's a rancher. The only way he was allowed by the government to keep his guns was that he could prove they were necessary to support his way of life as a rancher. Recreational hunting is not considered a "need" in Australia and the citizens have been disarmed. This is the model of "common sense gun control" being held forth by much of the Left in the US.

• Like 2

Some men make things happen, some allow things to happen and some ask, "What happened?"

Most gun owners fall into the latter classification.

A major negligence in their citizenship education IMHO.

Edited by Mr VJP
  • Like 1