reduction in ammo purchase bill

I saw yesterday a down state discussion on what should be how much ammo you as a hunter can buy at one time, the suggestion from LI law maker was in a one month period you should not be allowed to purchase more than two clips of any ammo. These guys have no hunting knowledge, can you see going into a store and asking them  to break down a box of shot gun bullets from the 25 in a box  to 10 bullets. Or a box of 20 308 cal rifle bullets to 10 for my Remington rifle.

I can see if you are buying 1000 rounds at a time, maybe the local police should be made aware to check you out to see if you are planning to start WWIII, or are you buying for a hunting club .

What do you think..

I saw yesterday a down state discussion on what should be how much ammo you as a hunter can buy at one time, the suggestion from LI law maker was in a one month period you should not be allowed to purchase more than two clips of any ammo. These guys have no hunting knowledge, can you see going into a store and asking them to break down a box of shot gun bullets from the 25 in a box to 10 bullets. Or a box of 20 308 cal rifle bullets to 10 for my Remington rifle.

I can see if you are buying 1000 rounds at a time, maybe the local police should be made aware to check you out to see if you are planning to start WWIII, or are you buying for a hunting club .

What do you think..

Do not support any limitations to ammo purchases.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

All of this kind of nonsensical legal proposals are simply additions to the campaign of gun owner harassment. None of them will have any impact on gun crime and they all know it. They are interested in gun control, not crime control, and don't let them fool you about that.

• Like 6

Back when I shot small bore pistol I would buy 22 ammo by the case of 5000 rounds which between matches and practice would last maybe a couple of months, I could not even shoot a match with a two magazine allotment.

Total crap, like Doc said this is not about crime, they just want to keep chipping away!! :nono:

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

I saw yesterday a down state discussion on what should be how much ammo you as a hunter can buy at one time, the suggestion from LI law maker was in a one month period you should not be allowed to purchase more than two clips of any ammo. These guys have no hunting knowledge, can you see going into a store and asking them  to break down a box of shot gun bullets from the 25 in a box  to 10 bullets. Or a box of 20 308 cal rifle bullets to 10 for my Remington rifle.

What do you think..

I could easily go thorough over 1,000 rounds on a Saturday range outing with my Daughter. How about a competitive skeet or trap shooter? they don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. 

• Like 2