Dark fox

Paula

Recent?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

April 25'th of last spring.

They should be peeking out of their holes in the next couple weeks here.

I just checked in on 3 red dens today and two of them are active again this year.

Pretty sure I got a yote den pegged too, but I didn't get a chance to check that one today.

• Like 2

April 25'th of last spring.

They should be peeking out of their holes in the next couple weeks here.

I just checked in on 3 red dens today and two of them are active again this year.

Pretty sure I got a yote den pegged too, but I didn't get a chance to check that one today.

How does one find 4 dens ? That's a lot of miles on the hoof   Shed hunting and stumble upon them ? Love the pics of the little ones from last year. Hope you get some more good pics this year

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

How does one find 4 dens ? That's a lot of miles on the hoof   Shed hunting and stumble upon them ?

Pretty much.

These are just the close to home dens I had time for today out the back door across a couple hundred acres.

We'd be walking a while if I checked on ALL the dens I've discovered over the years.

• Like 1

Pretty much.

These are just the close to home dens I had time for today out the back door across a couple hundred acres.

We'd be walking a while if I checked on ALL the dens I've discovered over the years.

That's the best part about dens most are used year after year...

Have you ever been able to Id the mother and try and watch her over years? We had a mother fox that den up right across street from parents house until she got hit we had 3 years in a row and we were pretty sure same fox as she had a wierd spot on her head....

Used to lay under lilac tree in front yard with dog squeaker and play with pups

• Like 1

Very rarely do I ever get to see the mommas.

The kits are usually are out playing while momma is out hunting down dinner. If I don't see them out, I'll stay away assuming they are in the den with her and she wont let them out while I'm there anyhow.

I also try not to stick around longer than an hour when I do see them out. When I was running cams over the dens last spring, they showed momma coming and going every hour, on the hour like clockwork. I wouldn't want them to miss their feeding time.

• Like 3

Very rarely do I ever get to see the mommas.

The kits are usually are out playing while momma is out hunting down dinner. If I don't see them out, I'll stay away assuming they are in the den with her and she wont let them out while I'm there anyhow.

I also try not to stick around longer than an hour when I do see them out. When I was running cams over the dens last spring, they showed momma coming and going every hour, on the hour like clockwork. I wouldn't want them to miss their feeding time.

That's very cool info....

• Like 1