Dark fox

Paula

It's a color phase, some are rarer than others.. your not crazy . I'll have to look through some old trapping photos I have and show some of the wierd colors o caught I n the 80's. ... boy those were good times 35 for a fox and 70 for color phases.. wish prices would come back up I'd trap again

• Like 1

A long time ago I was big into Coon hunting and competition nite hunts with Coon Hounds, I worked hard on keeping my dogs straight on Coon. I would break them from running any off game like Deer, Rabbits and Fox. Anyhow I purchased a silver phase Red Fox kit from an animal dealer to use for breaking my dogs. Silvers are basically black with some of the guard hair having white tips. Below is my little fox kit whom I named Roxy and one of my best English Coon Hounds Eli. Roxy grew up to be a beautiful fox especially in the winter when her coat was at it's best. So yes there are black Foxes.

Al

126123067BkzZOW_ph_zpspiua6bx0.jpg

• Like 2

Also I'm pretty sure all red fox are near black when born. I remember watching several young ones leaving under my parents shed and they were all black till they got older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also I'm pretty sure all red fox are near black when born. I remember watching several young ones leaving under my parents shed and they were all black till they got older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup- baby reds are darker.

original.jpg

• Like 4