Conetrol Scope mount instructions needed

Hey guys, do any of you have the conetrol scope mounts on one of your rifles?

More importantly do you still have the printed instructions and could I get a copy?

I've tried emailing the company in the past to no avail.  I understand they lost their founder last year and with him all the knowledge of the nuances of the system.

The have some "tricks" on their website but not the actual original printed instructions supplied with the mounts.

Their site seems to indicate they are getting their act together but I haven't been able so far to get them on the phone.

So, does anyone have a copy of the installation instructions they could send me?  I took my mounts apart and am having a hard time getting them back together and with no idea how much to tighten them.

Thanks,

Jaeger

I've also searched on line, but nothing there.

I've had a couple sets of Conetrol Mounts.  I just looked and the instructions are gone......

That said, IIRC they are machined to be a single unit, meaning that the rings and caps are to stay with their sister parts.  The bases can be interchanged.

It can be somewhat of a cluster getting them properly installed but not insurmountably impossible.  I believe there is a groove in the inside of the cap and on the top of a ring, they are supposed to match up I believe.  Put the rings around the scope body, set the caps on then drop them into the bases.  The "coned" Allen head screws are backed out enough to allow the bases to set in place prior to setting the rings in.  Now, gently screw the cone head set screws in as evenly as possible.  Snug them up good and bang away!

If, for some reason you don't have enough windage adjustment in your scope,  you can mess with the cone head screws to give you more adjustment.

Clear as mud?

I always thought they were great, exceptionally well made pieces.  I had them on my Remington 700 BDL and KS guns.  Now most everything is Talley for me but I did put a set of Leupold Dual Dovetail (plug for mourning doves there)  mounts on dad's Kimber Montana last year, very nice too.