My lab got bit by pit bull

Al Bundy

Factually speaking Pit bull's have a poor breeding history because so many people breed them for the wrong reasons.  Look at any shelter and you will see many available, there is a reason for that. When a breed gets popular and breeding goes crazy, lines get ruined and bad traits come out.

I have a huge heart for pit bulls but enough is enough people need to stop trying to adopt dogs that are too far gone.  And I am sure some will argue that any dog can be fixed, and I pretty much agree i just know that 99.9% of people do NOT have the time to train and work with them to make them good dogs.  I have had a few over the years and they all turned out to be great dogs but it was constant work. Now that I am older and have real life things to deal with, training a rescue is just out of the cards, it just is too demanding its sad but a lot of the dogs should be put down not put in homes. 

I feel bad for you dog, and hopefully she is not scared, I had a big pit grab my little lap dog luckily my girl grabbed our dog before the pit bit her... she was a little "off" for a few weeks but then went back to normal.  I hope the same for your dog.

I had a bad experience with a family members pit and my yellow lab years ago.  The pit was just as calm and friendly as all get out, both my lab and that pit played together for years just fine and then one day it just snapped and latched onto the throat of my lab and tore it apart in just seconds.  And on the other side I have a friend who had a black lab that was getting older and was raised along side of his two very young boys at the time, very lazy dog calm and lovable. If I recall this dog was 11 years old and they had owned it since a pup.  Same deal it just snapped one day and ripped into the youngest boys neck, he was in the hospital for months and the doctors said his chance of survival was very low.  That boy made it through and is a great young man.  One does have to wonder why the Pit is banned in so many places through out the US though.  A dog breeder once told me there tendency to lose it is more prone than any other breed.  He said they are a mean breed, you can love them and be the perfect owner but there will always be a question of when or if that mean side shows. 

https://www.scribd.com/doc/56495216/Estimated-U-S-Cities-Counties-States-and-Military-Facilities-with-Breed-Specific-Pit-Bull-Laws

• Like 1