Minnewaska v. Sterling Forest

psygrad

Well a lot of minnewaska was burned in a fire last year, so that's both good and bad. If i were you, id find some spots to scout for both and see which one you like more. Sterling is also easier to get to for you to get to so there's always that as well as sterling being bigger I believe. I hunt like 10 min away from minnewaska and can see its white face mountain from my stand. Deer pop was way down this year and the last few years its definitely been falling, but after this winter id think were in for a boost of population. 

Thanks Guys! Like I said before, I am somewhat of a newbie, and trying to get familiar with a public area upstate not too far from home. These two places seemed great, but I had read somewhere that Sterling is somewhat high pressured. I would like to look at the that landlocked area. How do you access the map, just google it? Forgive, my ignorance...what's a timber doodle spot?