Just purchased...

Just bought a Thompson Center venture in 223. looks impressive just waiting now for my scope to come from backorder. Ordered scope from Cabelas 2 weeks ago to find scope is backordered untill march. Angry to say the least.

I did shoot it and it functioned great, awesome bolt and nice user adjustable trigger.

I actually got the same scope as whitetailbuckdeer, a nikon prostaff there on sale right now for $99 there originaly $159. I also agree that the clip feels cheap and alittle loose but all the new guns are using the plastic clips- so hopefully it is for good reason. At first I was alittle worried about getting a gun fairly new to the market but I have heard awesome things about them, and its been a struggle to find one to purchase.

Yeah they are hard to find. Last year I went to Gander Mt. to get some bullets and decided to look through the rifles. Came across the Venture they had on display, Asked if they had any more in back or coming in and they said they no, So I ended up buying it. They knocked of 50 bucks because of the smallest little scratch on the stock. So far the gun has been great! Took a six point and a doe last year and a doe this past season with it.

Ya I looked all over only one local gun store could get them so I had it ordered. Hopefully once I get my scope it will prove to be as accurate as they claim...........fingers crossed.  got the 223 over the 22-250 because of the diference in ammo prices and the fact i enjoy shooting at crows and the like.

Just canceled my order on the 3-9x40 for 50 bucks more I decided to get the 3-9x50 and its not backordered. Cabelas actually has but a hold on ordering the original scope because their having so many problems with getting them.

Will that change your  choice of rings? (50mm objective)