350wsm 350-300wsm 358wsm

Maybe he is talking about going in the other direction.  A .358 based magnum necked down to .30 cal.?  Or a big 300 magnum like a Weatherby necked up to .358?  I see Weatherby just came up with some new .264 super magnum to trump the 26 nosler.

1 hour ago, Jaeger said:

Maybe he is talking about going in the other direction.  A .358 based magnum necked down to .30 cal.?  Or a big 300 magnum like a Weatherby necked up to .358?  I see Weatherby just came up with some new .264 super magnum to trump the 26 nosler.

If you are talking about my comment is was  30-378. 378 mag parent case

17 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

If you are talking about my comment is was  30-378. 378 mag parent case

No cul, I was just thinking out loud, er.. on paper.  But yes that could be it or based off the orig. .375 weatherby case?

• 1 month later...

I had a .350 Rem Mag built off a Reminton 700 short action rifle a number of years ago. I do not think there is a better woods gun for deer and bear. That being said...Brass is hard to find and factory ammo even harder. I do find it at gun shows from time to time.

I have not used it in a few years.....The recoil is unreal. It knocks my fillings loose and gives me a sore jaw. LOL. I still love the caliber but have replaced it for bear with my .338 Federal and use my .257 Roberts for deer. I have become a recoil wimp in my late 40's.

Just my .2 cents

Blackpowder28

• Like 1