Lobster claw is on my hit list

It applied ONLY to Sullivan county...it was deemed that each county would have to litigate cases as they appeared. That said, to answer your question...The DEC was suppose to do a re-wording of the law to void the Sullivan ruling and stem further suits from other counties. I am really not sure if they actually did that...I'd have to compare wording then to now..

In this day of trail cams, cell cams, and every "app" in the world to help with wind and so on, why bait?

Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, why?

If I had 1000 acres of my own land, I might put out a few cams, plant some apple trees or w/e, but never bait. At some point it's not hunting anymore. JMO. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ....rob said:

In this day of trail cams, cell cams, and every "app" in the world to help with wind and so on, why bait?

Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, why?

If I had 1000 acres of my own land, I might put out a few cams, plant some apple trees or w/e, but never bait. At some point it's not hunting anymore. JMO. 

Do have 1000 acres...Never put out cam's..Have plenty of wild apple trees and practice normal farm planting rotations.

Try to keep it nothing but hunting round here....

• Like 2

I see this topic is still alive.  I agree with whoever said something about food plots.  .. . whats the difference . . . and in my opinion a plot attracts a lot more deer than a pile of corn, apples, bait, whatever you have out there. Is it because its naturally growing? A lot of people are saying things like take time go in the woods learn the animal blah blah blah.  I have done all that, and honestly I can say deer do what they do and not much changes that.  I haven't noticed a big difference in the amount of pictures I get on camera with / without bait.  As a matter of fact, I have had two bucks on camera before the bait, and 2 doe and a few raccoons and squirrels after bait.  So why am I being slammed for this? I get it, its illegal, so is driving 65 in a 55 , but I'm pretty sure enough of us on here do that.  Does it really get you to work that much quicker? 5 mins max...but we still do it because we think its giving better results.  I'm really not trying to stir the pot, and I do understand the law is the law, but. .. only reason I tried this is because I wanted to see what the difference would be if any, and honestly, again, haven't noticed a positive difference after bait.