Polaris Owners Opinions Wanted

I owned two 500's one was a 98 and the other was a 01. Both were great machines. I now have a 09 Ranger xp. The Ranger is nice if you have a need to haul alot of stuff or three passengers. Hope this helps make your decision easier. The main thing is to find a reliable dealer.

Suzuki KINGQUAD!!!!! 8)

No complaints, one of my buddies purchased one in 06 and my cuz got the brute force and the kingquad outperformed the brute in speed and through some mudbogs,so that made me go with a king, but we also have a polaris ranger 06 500, have no complaints a true workhorse.

I owned two 500's one was a 98 and the other was a 01. Both were great machines. I now have a 09 Ranger xp. The Ranger is nice if you have a need to haul alot of stuff or three passengers. Hope this helps make your decision easier. The main thing is to find a reliable dealer.

Coyote man do you like the ranger or the 500's better. I am looking to do alot of work around my property with my atv (clear trails, food plots an brush hog). Don't know if the ranger would make it through thick brush.

I like the Ranger better for work purposes. The quads were more agile in the woods. I needed seating for three so the Ranger was the clear choice. I have a camp near Osceola and the Ranger is handy for firewood and setting treestands. They make a 400 Ranger that is a two seater that might fit your needs better. If you price the larger quads they aren't nmuch cheaper than the Rangers.

• 3 weeks later...

I drive all Polaris for both snowmobile and fourwheeler, and I think they are great machines, but to be totaly honest, these days, the compotition is so equal that no matter what brand you buy, your going to get a quality machine.  It all comes down to whats the easiest for you.  You have to think about getting the machine fixed since even the best break down at some point, so I would go with the one that would be the cheapest to get serviced. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think most out there are good machines. I hae a Polaris 500 and love it. My Father has a Honda Traxter. I would look at what you specifically want to do with it and look at thow the different machines function.

For instance. I bought mine to ride and use for light pulling and hunting applications. works great and I didn't want to have to shift.

When we got my father's we knew it would be used for heavier pulling operations and since he doesn't really do a lot of open riding the shifting wasn't a problem. His is NOT a belt driven primary and that is better for pulling tasks. no burning up a belt like it could do with mine since mine is a belt driven primary. once you figure out what you want the next best advice is get GOOD tires on it. I like agressive tread and since I don't do any use around my yard I don't have to worry about them tearing up my yard. Dad's has a milder tread on it since he does use it for pulling his lawn cart and didn't want to tear up his grass.

Good luck and enjoy