Dang white flash

Zag

I bought a Bushnell t cam a yr or two ago and lately I seem to be getting a ton of white flash and need some advice. Cam is located back in the hardwoods and faces NW. I will get one pic that's fine (on a gloomy day) and the next pic of the same deer is white. I don't have this issue with my other 2 cams. Any thoughts? 

Edited by zag

Inherent issue with BTCs. I know I've had several over the past 5-6 years. Issue is due to the LED flash &/or ambient light detection. non-tech explanation. Don't know if this is same issue with their black flash models!??! Especially prevalent during early AM or late PM hours when the sun is at a lower angle and light gets filtered in wooded areas. Cam thinks it isn't getting enough light, so it flashes and daytime photos are washed out. Really has little to do to the cams orientation, N, S, etc. There are some settings on the cam's menu you can play with, but I've never been able to completely remove this annoying issue. Unfortunate situation is during those same hours (post-dawn/pre-dusk) is when there is the most deer movement.

5 hours ago, phade said:

Examples help. Washout in summer at transition time under canopy is something few cams handle well. the back and forth is the cam's attempt to "get it right".

Sound right on, It only happens during the day. I was kinda stumped because I never face my cams to the south. The cam is setup right on a 4wheeler path that comes around the corner of a pine stand and a big poplar came down this spring that's probably the cause for extra surface light. I delete all the pics after I down load so I didn't have any saved. Thanks phade