Planted food plot

Went Winter Rye this year on the half acre food plot. Planted a bit earlier this year, rototilled the clover in. Pelletized lime, plus fertilizer. Then it rained. Next day it really poured for a long time. So we will see. Oh, I always through down some clover as well.

IMG_20160820_111824.jpg

IMG_20160820_114336.jpg

• Like 3

I just got back from a quick check of my winter wheat (deer like that a bit better than rye, but it uses more nitrogen)/soybean/white clover plots that I put in just over a week ago.   Everything was sprouted up real good and there was a group of turkeys out there eating the sprouted soybeans. The rain we have been getting over the last couple weeks has been just right for some great looking plots at this stage.    Even the corn plots planted this spring are now looking good and I spooked a doe and fawn out of one when I rode around it on my mountain bike yesterday afternoon.    The coons are hitting those hard already however and I will definitely need to trap them heavy this fall if I expect any to last until gun season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...