backpacks for packing out deer

rachunter

hi looking for some info on a pack for packing out whitetail deer [maybe a black bear]i've been searching around the web and have narrowed it down to cabela's Alaskan,ederlestock or badlands.open to any other brands.i'm 5'5" and do not have a clue which model will fit me or my needs to hunt with and then haul out the meat[deboned] i'll be hunting the Adirondacks park,ny thick mountain woods,i plain on getting off the beat'n path about one to two miles in and would rather pack out the meat in one trip after the kill,not hike back and forth to switch out packs.this is all new to me i've bow hunted on long island,ny for 30yrs flat land,all i needed was a deer cart,after 4yrs rifle hunting up there i realized a cart wont work.i have the butchering down to around an hour deboned.
any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have bought from "Linton Outdoors" more than a few times.

You could order x2 and 2200 and ship both to compare. Free shipping on the buying end and prompt refunds if you send something back.

I've had some good conversations on choosing gear over the phone with them, all the folks there are end users and know the products well.

I stole the Badlands 2200 from my guide for a week in New Zealand after using my regular pack for a few days( which was good, a modified GoLite) after we changed camps. Really nice to carry.

But it is heavier than the Eberlestock . Folds down narrow, and I prefer a taller narrower bag as I'm not a big guy and don't like things sticking out with extra width.

Got a good price from Linton and bought one.

If I was going to buy more of a freighter frame I'd be looking at the newer boutique makers like Seek Outside and buy a  belt combo that fit better than a generic for heavy loads, then choose a bag option to add on.

8 hours ago, LJC said:

Have any luck with cell service up there last time I went up to scout tmoble pretty much usless up there . 

it's in and out i have verizon.

3 hours ago, BKhunter said:

What's your budget? You can look into Kifaru which I bought. It is pricey, but you can use it for hunting out west if you were ever thinking about doing that

its around the $300 i like do one and done.that badlands 2200 is really good.

Edited by rachunter

13 hours ago, rachunter said:

it's in and out i have verizon.

its around the $300 i like do one and done.that badlands 2200 is really good.

Yea Kifaru's run higher than that. Worth looking into though if you ever want to upgrade. My recommendation though is to try all of them on. Packs will fit everyone differently. Find the one that feels the best. Also when you try them on try to throw some weight in there. Your intended purpose will have you walking out with a 50-70 pound load so you want to see how that will feel.

• 2 weeks later...