Monarch Cooking Wood Stove

LET EM GROW

Hey all, I was just curious if anyone here knew the range of value for this wood cooking stove? Its brand Monarch made in Wisconsin. Or possibly be interested in it. It works as it should, it comes with all tools, and is quite clean. Hasnt been used in probably 7 years. We picked up an electric stove and dont need this anymore. Trying to clean up camp some this fall and we will be trying to get rid of this, as soon as we can find time to do so. I dont know much about these, when it comes to worth. I havent had much time to research them either, but saw a couple of them on ebay for 500-700$.. Thank you all in advance.

20160828_140904.jpg

20160828_140938.jpg

Your Monarch Cookstove is a  more modern version of the old fashioned models and it appears to be in nice condition. The cooktop will clean up with some fine steel wool and some cooking oil after that is done wipe down with a cloth with just enough cooking oil to leave a very light coating to keep fine rust from forming. As long as the grates and firebrick "(if used in this model) are in good shape five to seven hundred dollars is not out of line.

For a camp a wood-coal burning cookstove is the ideal appliance, it will handle both heating and all your cooking chores It would be one of the first things put in a camp if I owned one.

I use one in my home and it has been one of the best purchases I have ever made. I picked up a new Heartland cookstove about 20 years ago, it burns both wood and coal, I burn coal 75% of the time because of long burn times. When the cold hits weather It heats the house for the most part and most of the cooking is done on it during the winter months and a constant 10 gallon supply of hot water, also nice backup when there is any power outages.

This is the model I have except it is in hunter green.

original_zpspyeywzh1.jpg

Edited by airedale

We use a nice big wood stove in the living room for heating purposes, and have the hook up and the stove for propane as a backup if needed. Just need a new tank dropped. But this monarch my grandfather used when he was alive and when he was always at camp. He passed in 2013 and that chimney went bad around 2011. We are only there until December typically with the weather and being on a seasonal dead end road .. it's usually rough to get to when they pile the snow up at the beginning of the rd.

We will be in the process of modernizing a little bit in the next year or 2.. to make it a little more comfortable for the women hunters of the family lol and the toddlers running around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk