Youth Pheasant Weekend

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wish we had some birds around here !  Good luck to you and your son.

I'm sure Bill will be taking a youth to Sterling or Stewart^_^

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9349.html

I am sure there is a site near you, I actually don't hunt Pheasant release sites because I know there are plenty of "Bill's" out there. I leave them for the less experienced to have fun with while I chase Grouse, Woodcock and all the other small game. If I am lucky I will find another youth to help out while I am there Saturday.

• Like 2

Well we had a great day in the woods! After waking way to far we found birds nearer to the truck. We ended the day with 6 Pheasants pointed and flushed, two missed by Nate and one by a girl we met there with her dad. Lucic also pointed a Woodcock and a Rabitt, both of which held tight until I flushed them. My phone says I walked 5 miles today and I would have to agree with that. 

I choose to to go to Margret Burke WMA, pretty good bird hunting set up the DEC has done there. I was impressed for a change. IMG_0517.JPG

Now it's fire time after a damn good day. 

IMG_0518.JPG

• Like 5

image.jpegThis last week there has been a horse led pheasant hunting tournament going on at Three Rivers WMA.  They will finish their final round on Wednesday.  While out squirrel and crow hunting today i flushed 11 of the colorful little suckers.  Largest group was 4 with duo and singles the rest.  Talked to some of the guys releasing and he said they released over 200 birds.

All the horse traffic has got the dear all wound up and even saw a pair of roughed grouse along a treeline near a pond.

IMG_2387.MOV

Edited by 22Plinker