Haven't eaten them! But I do put on a crow hunt every January and some teams come in with fifty, others maybe one! The best method I've used is to get in a patch of pine, along a fly route if possible, set out a few decoys and use a crow fighting an owl, they'll come in low to see in the trees and BAM! If you're a good shot you're on the board!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is a good reason why they have that expression "eating crow" tough as nails and tastes like crap. My grandfathers idea of a hunter safety course was to give you a pellet gun and when you came back with three crows in a day you were good enough to hunt whatever you felt like. They are smart tough and those feathers might as well be kevlar for my old pellet gun. It took a good 6 months of constant work, and that is what taught me about stalking an animal, how to effectively range out a weapon and really make every shot count.

Try to find an area that borders a dump.Lots of crows hang there.

had one every time we went we slammed the crows never left with out getting at lest 50 or more some a$$ ruined for us arguing with the manger one Saturday when they were opened so they put a trailer there so there was a used building so that ended our hunting there

But i did find one spot that looks good I'll find out Begin of September

• 4 weeks later...

Papa, I have a good hand held call. The calling is not the problem. My problem which I try to work on is hitting a flying target. If it is standing, walking or running I have no problems. Once things are flying, I have a heck of a time hitting it. I just starting shooting clay pigeons last year so I hope when I go out I will be able to hit one.

• 3 weeks later...