Empire State Limb Hangers- NY Turkey Records

If you have harvested a legally tagged wild turkey gobbler in NY (registered or not registered w/NWTF records) with one or more of the following attributes and interested in being interviewed for a book project: Please contact[email protected]

Note: Non registered birds- measurable attributes must be verified for consideration. Typical score greater than 75.000 (weight x1 + beard x 2 + L & R spur x 10) Non-Typical score greater than 105.000 (weight x1 + beard(s) x 2 + L & R spur x 10) Weight greater than 26.5 lbs. (verifiable certified weight) Beard Length greater than 12" (verifiable length) Spur Length greater than 1.625" (verifiable length) Color variations, Hens with spurs

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Empire...39342609441424

http://www.nylimbhangers.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Never bothered to have anything scored for the books.I've taken some quality animals,just never bothered. But I do  love seeing some of the absolutley awesome animals taken in N.Y. i think the coolest thing I have seen ,besides the bearded hens i've shot. Is my buddies ol boss fall hen with spurs. Very rare.

IMG_0341.jpg

Part of a fall triple.

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

I took one he took two,in a tioga county.

These are the longest I have seen on a hen. They are strange. They seem not attached to the leg bone. To the touch, they move very easy. She led the whole flock in. I hit her with kee-kee's and boss hen cutts. When she rounded the bend She perked up and knew somethin wasn't stirrin the Kool aid. Don't wanna take away or hyjack. Get your birds scored if ya wanna. Y never know?

No she didn't have a beard. The other's were typical. I took a bearded hen I think a week or so later. It was quite a different fall season. My hen had nubs where it looked like spurs were starting. She was an old hen for sure.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

I haven't seen them yet this year. But I do know of 3 hens in two areas I hunt that have beards. The longest one is around 7 inches.

I know a kurt larson from wny (member of safarri club) took a bird that is in the top 10 eastern (mulitble beard) last spring...was the talk of our chapter of nwtf..I believe it was scored by al gai(state nwtf board member)

Thanks G-Man, already have him on interview list. Nice guy,and one hell of a bird. I Also talked to Al at Kirby's funeral. I served with Al on the state board. AL is also a super nice guy, does a lot for the NWTF members in NY

• 2 weeks later...