Sheep hunt Wash. State

Nomad

This is a friend of mine since kindergarten, after law school he moved to Seattle. While there he really got into traditional archery , to the point of having bows made for him , by Glen St. Charles ( he also owns some of his tools and 1/2 his work bench ) and Bill Stewart.

Anyways Washington state gives out 5 sheep tags per year, after 25 or so years of building preference points he got a tag this year! However work and home life limited his hunting time to a couple week ends, so he went out with his .270 instead of a stick bow .

One week end was all it took , he stalked to within 50 yards , but they moved before he had the right shot angle , so he had to sneak up,on them as they went over the next draw . He severed an artery to the heart and got both lungs as well . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Well done! 

Hopefully he saved the good pics for himself...........:)

This is the only other one I got .... I believe the amount of work that lied  ahead in getting it out may have speeded up,the photo ops.

image.jpeg

Edited by Larry302