Deer search help!!

Rabbithunter1

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Did you look the following morning ? What color was blood ? Find arrow? How long was blood trail before losing it ? Etc

Yeah I spent all morning out there looking.. couldn't find a blood trail or arrow at all.. so I searched where I saw him run into and couldn't find anything either.. I'm thinking it was a shoulder shot and the arrow didn't pass threw.. I just hope it didn't mess him up to bad and he survives.. I hate wasting deer like that.. I was sick over it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rabbithunter1 said:

Yeah I spent all morning out there looking.. couldn't find a blood trail or arrow at all.. so I searched where I saw him run into and couldn't find anything either.. I'm thinking it was a shoulder shot and the arrow didn't pass threw.. I just hope it didn't mess him up to bad and he survives.. I hate wasting deer like that.. I was sick over it 

I'll be the first to say "thanks for giving it your all and respecting the animal "   Sadly it happens. Learn from mistakes and try and not to let it happen again is all you can do.  Buddy who works on the side as a deer processor cuts up a lot of deer with healed over shoulder hits

• Like 1

Just because there are not any in your town or county it does not mean they will not travel.Just give them a nice tip for there travel time and the time in the woods.

When I lived on L.I. in Nassau county it would take 45 minutes to an hour to get to most of the tracking I did with Lee B. of DSI. , while in training for my NYS LTD lic.

• Like 1

I'll be the first to say "thanks for giving it your all and respecting the animal "   Sadly it happens. Learn from mistakes and try and not to let it happen again is all you can do.  Buddy who works on the side as a deer processor cuts up a lot of deer with healed over shoulder hits

Im with TF you looked it happens. I lost a dead deer walking last year...stuck him right where your supposta searched for 3 days. No luck

Watch for eagles and crows next few days listen for yotes may be able to salvage the headgear if you find him

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1