Trump's border wall

Imagine there was a guy in 2016 who was running for president. This guy supported building a huge wall along the southern border. He was widely mocked for the idea, particularly by the democrats. A border wall? 2000 miles long? Can't happen. Xenophobic, insane, crazy. 

Now imagine if during this multi-month-long debate about the wall the entire country seemed to forget that only ten years earlier a large majority of congress, including many democrats in both the house and senate, had approved construction of a wall. Imagine if that construction had gone ahead and already 1/3rd of the border wall was complete.

Lastly, imagine if during the multi-month-long debate about this candidate's border wall neither he nor anybody else spent a single @*#&ing minute talking about the fact that there was already a wall 1/3rd along the border, he merely meant to complete it, and there had already been wide bipartisan support just ten years earlier for what was now in place.

Guess what? you don't need to imagine it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico–United_States_barrier

I don't understand why the existing, new wall that we already have along much of the border has not received a single bit of lip service--including from Trump. It makes it hard to cry foul about Trump's crazy plan when the majority of the government already thought it was a good idea only a decade earlier. Also, I think 99.1893839% of Americans have no damn clue that there is already a massive long wall in place.

Personally, I'm all for completing the wall. I think immigration to this country needs a huge revamp. Loved the wall expansion the first minute I heard it.

Edited by Core
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ....rob said:

The problem with "the wall" is they can still use air planes and boats to get over and around it.

You need a passport to get on a, plane  the wall  it slows them down you obviously can't stop everyone but you can definitely stop most of them .

How many  north Koreans cross that wall not many if any . For example  they are in the process of building one around Europe.  We are the only dumb  ones  that don't even try  to stop them .

9 minutes ago, LJC said:

You need a passport to get on a, plane  the wall  it slows them down you obviously can't stop everyone but you can definitely stop most of them .

How many  north Koreans cross that wall not many if any . For example  they are in the process of building one around Europe.  We are the only dumb  ones  that don't even try  to stop them .

Dude, I am not even going to argue with you, but here's a known fact, people are smuggled into and out of this country on planes all the time. Not like they are using Jet Blue. Just sayin'................

11 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Dude, I am not even going to argue with you, but here's a known fact, people are smuggled into and out of this country on planes all the time. Not like they are using Jet Blue. Just sayin'................

Read my post not about stopping its about slowing it down to a controllable level at least 

19 minutes ago, ....rob said:

I know. Build a wall, they will make tunnels. If a spider wants in a house, it will find a way.

They will start droping  those Mexicans out of a plane with  big giant Taco parachutes  pretty soon  then trump will say we will build a net and Mexico will pay  for it lol 

Going to be great when if he becomes president  just for the insults alone that he will say lol 

Edited by LJC

On 10/15/2016 at 10:58 PM, ....rob said:

I know. Build a wall, they will make tunnels. If a spider wants in a house, it will find a way.

Walls have been used throughout history. Not because they are impermeable but because they stymie progress. Not building one because people can [with more effort] go under or over it is like saying we shouldn't bother with cops because people will still commit crimes.

• Like 1