Twas Bound To Happen.....

Lawdwaz

I've gutted and butchered a fair amount of deer and never cut myself that bad.  A couple times I had some decent slices while gutting but really nothing bad while butchering.  

I still haven't.

I did it while removing the skull plate from the skull.  I was using a 5" boning knife and cutting the ears off then working down around the antler bases.  SomeDamnHow I stuck that long blade into my left thumb just deep enough to bleed like a stuck pig.  Sucker hurts now when I bump it too.

It doesn't need stitches as it is as much of a stab as a slice, the bleeding stopped after a half hour or so and looks to just be oozing now.  I dumped some old anti bacterial stuff on it then a couple hours later stuffed it with Neosporin and wrapped it tight.

I'm thinking I call in sick tomorrow and go hunting?  :wink:

• Like 2

Feeling your pain Larry!

Whoever said a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one has never seen me cut up a deer before,lol

I was trying out my brand new set of Outdoors Edge knives when I almost cut myself for the 3'rd time, but the bandage saved me from gutting myself for good.

Funny part was when I finally put on a pair of latex gloves over my wounds after that, and took them off when I was done. I looked at my hand and the elastic band aids must have pulled off with the gloves.

I forgot and thought I ground them up in the burger!

That would have sucked,lol