NY Crossbow Letters of Support

tughillmcd

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NYBA has been around for years and barely has any members. They are a joke. Xbows will receive full inclusion sooner or later. NYBA is too worried about people shooting "their deer", bunch of clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...Thats why the story came from an old timer. There are very few new members and many of them own a crossbow also i'm sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

NYBA has been around for years and barely has any members. They are a joke. Xbows will receive full inclusion sooner or later. NYBA is too worried about people shooting "their deer", bunch of clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason archery season is so long is because  not that many deer are taken with bows it does not have much of a impact so  It all depends on how popular and how effective crossbows are in the field. That will be the deciding factor in this . If DEC does  not see much differnce in deer harvest it will happen . But if they do see a big difference they'll probably leave it the same  the way it is now.  This will take years of study to figure out in any  case   government works slow. 

The reason archery season is so long is because  not that many deer are taken with bows it does not have much of a impact so  It all depends on how popular and how effective crossbows are in the field. That will be the deciding factor in this . If DEC does  not see much differnce in deer harvest it will happen . But if they do see a big difference they'll probably leave it the same  the way it is now.  This will take years of study to figure out in any  case   government works slow. 

More than likely we will have full inclusion this year or next. TTT for more support

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, 10point said:

If DEC does  not see much differnce in deer harvest it will happen . But if they do see a big difference they'll probably leave it the same  the way it is now. 

The DEC is restricted by law from expanding crossbow hunting beyond what is available today. The DEC has been in favor of crossbow full inclusion for many years. The 5 year Deer Management plan the expires this year supports full inclusion.

The crossbow season will not change until enough people engage in the process and let Albany politicians know they support classifying a crossbow as archery equipment as is done in 26 other states.

There is plenty of data on crossbow vs vertical bow effectiveness. Crossbows have been allowed in Ohio for almost 40 years, and until last year, vertical bow harvests exceeded crossbow harvests.

Edited by tughillmcd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

More than likely we will have full inclusion this year or next. TTT for more support

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well i will be waiting till they do to get a really good   expensive crossbow .

Dont buy the cart  before the horse as they say.

9 minutes ago, 10point said:

I bought my Excalibur in 2010 since I knew it was only a matter of time. Have used it in NY, PA, and CT.

6 minutes ago, 10point said:

That is understandable. Please help us achieve full inclusion by submitting the letter to the Governor and also Joining NYCC, because this is not going to happen all by it self.

Submit Letter
Online Membership Application

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I bought my Excalibur in 2010 since I knew it was only a matter of time. Have used it in NY, PA, and CT.

I have one but its nothing expensive because I wasn't sure and I'm still not sure they're going to keep any crossbow season here so why spend the money i said to my self .

Excalibur will probably be  what i will get next .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tughillmcd said:

That is understandable. Please help us achieve full inclusion by submitting the letter to the Governor and also Joining NYCC, because this is not going to happen all by it self.

Submit Letter
Online Membership Application

absolutely no problem.

I would be happy even if they  keep any  crossbow season  dont care if its the whole archery season either . 

Edited by 10point