Venison appetizer

pt0217

Ok. So I came up with this appetizer. It is a great introduction to venison for people that may be a little apprehensive.

I cut the back strap in half and then split it down the middle. I season it with LA LA XUXU Amazing venison spice rub. (This stuff is awesome)! If not Salt and Pepper works fine. I sear the back strap on the grill. Nice and rare. Let it rest for 15 min. Slice the back strap in 3/8 thick pieces. Place crackers on a cookie sheet. Place the slices on the crackers slice up some pepper jack cheese place on top of the venison. Place in an oven preheated to 400, just to melt the cheese. Dice up some red onion. Place a small dollop of sour cream and sprinkle some of the red onion over the top.

DELICIOUS!!!

• Like 3

That sounds really good ! 

Ive gotten quite a few people to try and then really like venison by doing this : 

cut steaks into bite size pieces 

dry rub

dab of jalapeño cream cheese

1/3 piece of bacon 

sometimes I'll add a small slice of water chestnut

throw on smoker for a few hours

all though in a pinch the broiler for a few minutes works too 

Neighbors , sister, mailman  and because it's a New Years  eve tradition at a pretty large party  over the years I've had a good amount of people apprehensive about trying it eat many pieces. Lots of kids especially. 

Going to try your recipe soon.  Thanks for sharing 

• Like 1