Eastern 3M (New Paltz, HIghland, Gardinier) is...

Napping in the woods

dead, dead, dead, haven't-seen-a-deer-since-Tuesday dead.  Scrapes and rubs are few and far between, zero mast, 60 degrees and 10-12 mph winds, gusting to 18 - 20. Can't believe I'm going to say it, but I think I'll earn brownie points at home rather than waste them sitting in a stand tonight.  Wife might actually have me admitted for a psych eval when she hears that....

Anyone else having or seeing anything different?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hunted out near Port Jervis yesterday, but still in 3M.  Nothing.  Only two shots were within a mile of me. Unexpected snow today, but I can't get out.  Deer changed their pattern during archery season due to lack of mast and water and I wasn't able to get caught up, the super moon didn't help either causing lots of nocturnal movement.  No one has seen much in terms of bucks, only reports of the same 4 - 6 points over and over which  I didn't get taken yesterday.  The big boys never showed up...had 4 bucks on cam from last February that should be beauties this year, but no one has seen them. 

Hoping things change for me during the regular season.