Camp Traditions

DeerStalker22

Who could argue with that? One or two are ok but not six or seven. You have to get up ok the next day to hunt. I know guys who over do it and complain they see no deer, I am sure the deer see them. Safety first!!!!!

Dave

My partner and I only have one tradition that we always follow-that is to have at least one scotch and water prior to dinner....every day that we are in camp.maybe "one" ;) after dinner too... ;D

Similar to that we do one "Crown Royal Manhatten" after dinner with a good cigar. Believe me.. you only want to sip this manhatten!

some Traditions are always the same,  we have noticed that the majority of the deer shot on our lease are all shot post 9am...not sure why  ;) ;)

I would say that is the deer herds tradition, they all gather @ 8:30 to draw straws to see which one has to walk through the property first..............LMAO.

The is just simple deer movement patterns in your area,  A good majority of the deer I shot on our property in the southern tier was between 8:15 & 10:00am or 2:45 & Dark.

But, don't rule out mid day movement, I have taken several large bucks sneaking through an area between 12-1pm while sitting on watch eating my lunch.

FDXX75