Columbia University students heckled a war hero

It is difficult for me to assign the same threat level to illegal immigration as global annihilation.

One of the things that worries me most is that ultra right wing nut jobs who are planning for the government's collapse actually instigates the government's collapse.

I fail to see how people being wary and prepared can actually cause the collapse.  That would take an actual revolution by the majority of the populace.  The cause of the collapse will not be the people who warn of it's impending arrival, but the government itself imploding from within.

What some consider patriotic speech, I view as blatant treason.

Treason would be selling out your own country for personal gain, not warning others of threats to their security in hopes of preventing them.  Besides, you said you supported Freedom of Speech, right?  Do average Americans no longer have the right to challenge the direction of their government if they truly believe it is off course and heading for disaster?  The most important thing a leader must have is followers.  Obviously our current leader is lacking that quality.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok I'll play your game.. rather than relist them.. just ditto VJP's list... you asked for an answer to your question and you got it.. sorry "you don't think" the list is valid, but that's no surprise.

and to add to what VJP just posted... the majority of America feels the way we do.. just look at the polls

That is unless you watch MSNBC :(

It is clear that the majority of Americans do not agree with your impending doom theory.

Treason does not, by definition, require personal gain.

I agree that you, and even more extreme right wingers, have the right to say whatever you want.  After all, we let skinheads march and allow that idiotic religious group to protest at military funerals.

That does not mean that I cannot, or should not, consider some comments as treasonous.  The revolutionary tone that I have heard from the right wing nuts is uncalled for.....and smacks of treason, IMO.

and to add to what VJP just posted... the majority of America feels the way we do.. just look at the polls

That is unless you watch MSNBC :(

The majority agrees with which points?

Certainly the majority does not believe that any of the things constitute an imminent threat that would collapse America and life as we know it, as I have heard espoused here.

That does not mean that I cannot, or should not, consider some comments  as treasonous.  The revolutionary tone that I have heard from the right  wing nuts is uncalled for.....and smacks of treason, IMO.

That, to me sounds pretty radical too.  Perhaps it would be better to  address the right wing issues directly to alleviate their fears if you  can.

Suit Yourself.  I'm fighting for your freedom of speech too, no matter how much I disagree with it.

want more?

Since 2001, most Americans have favored stricter gun laws, though support has slightly dropped in recent years: 54 percent favored stricter laws in 2001, compared with 50 percent in 2007, according to Gallup polling.

Now, a recent poll reveals a sudden drop -- only 39 percent of Americans now favor stricter gun laws, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll.

here are all the general points on the state of our current government

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

LMAO

I disapprove of Congress's performance.  I have a higher approval rating for Republicans than Democrats.  I feel that country is headed down the wrong track.

Yet......I do not think the country is in grave danger, or that there is a dire threat to our nation.

You can't declare victory just yet, dude.  Gotta poll that shows Americans believe the more radical crap you two are spewing?

want more?

Since 2001, most Americans have favored stricter gun laws, though support has slightly dropped in recent years: 54 percent favored stricter laws in 2001, compared with 50 percent in 2007, according to Gallup polling.

Now, a recent poll reveals a sudden drop -- only 39 percent of Americans now favor stricter gun laws, according to a new CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll.

So that's good, right?

That is unless you watch MSNBC :)

The majority agrees with which points?

Certainly the majority does not believe that any of the things constitute an imminent threat that would collapse America and life as we know it, as I have heard espoused here.

It is not that any one of the issues I listed will bring the country down, but that the total of them, which is an unprecedented amount of trouble, the likes of which America has never seen before, will bring it down.

Even during the Great Depression, American did not face such an extensive list of outside threats.  And the depression alone almost sank the country by itself.

I believe the majority of Americans are worried America is on the brink of falling.

It is not that any one of the issues I listed will bring the country down, but that the total of them, which is an unprecedented amount of trouble, the likes of which America has never seen before, will bring it down.

So this is the data I would like to see.

A poll result that shows that the majority of Americans believe that this "perfect storm" of problems is about to collapse our country.

There is no way that most....or many....actually believe this.

Minus the imminent threat of collapse, America will go about its business as it always has.  We will try to solve the pressing problems of the nation.  The government will do the people's business, or we will throw the bums out....just as we did last November to the Dems that voted for Health Care against the will of the people.

It takes time.....but it works.

Assuming we have enough time left.

P.S.  A lot of the elected officials that pushed Obamacare through are still there.  What does that tell you about what many Americans think?

I also don't think you will find a poll listing all of the issues I listed and asking Americans their thoughts on it.  I don't think the administration would allow it.

Assuming we have enough time left.

P.S.  A lot of the elected officials that pushed Obamacare through are still there.  What does that tell you about what many Americans think?

It tells me that they have different priorities than you and I.

It doesn't make them "bad" or "wrong."  Just different.

The system rewards longevity.....more earmarks.  Hopefully the freshmen will bust the system, and we'll no longer have the incentive to keep incumbents.

If not....we'll keep bouncing bums until they do.

Arrow, do you REALLY believe N Korea or Iran CANNOT strike the mainland US?  I sure hope they don't, but oh yes they could, quite easily with devastating consequences.

First of all. Iran does not even have nuclear capability yet.

Secondly, neither has a missile system that is long enough range to reach the US.....NK could hit the edges of Alaska, maybe Hawaii (but they would probably miss.)

Arrowflinger ...Still haven't shown me where the majority of people don't feel the same way as me... you think by just saying something that it is so.. show me proof where the majority of people have the same naive attitude that you do... and i don't give a shit what you think about congress..I don't even give a shit about your feelings on the polls... i put up what polls say about what people feel about the situation we are in right now. you said that the majority doesn't agree with me.. you're wrong! now it is your turn ...show me where they agree with you... especially on gun rights.. love to hear your spin on that.

maybe its a slippery slope... or maybe i'm paranoid... nope, must be I don't understand...

you made a statement and you still haven't backed it up.. because you can't

How times have changed. I couldn't travel in uniform in the mid 70's without having to fight my way past the peace-nicks and the in your face loud mouth protesters.

It always intrigued me how those protesting for peace didn't think twice about starting a fight. They were more than willing to have there teeth kicked in, in the middle of an airport. Well, until it actually happened.

I could have given two squats hat they were doing , but they just had to invade my space.