Deer hunting success is very subjective

agross

Was out this afternoon and had a good 2 hours.  Saw 5 doe and was thinking about how subjective deer hunting is good or bad    Rut or no rut.  Its all what you see and don't realize what could be sneaking around behind you in a grey coat blessing their lucky stars while you had the worst season of you life.  

Tonight walked down to corner of my property by my food plot.  Started to see a ton of new tracks since the snow.  Then spotted a doe. Then as that doe was feeding toward me spotted 4  others below her going to the neighbors property. 

As i am sitting till dark i see 3 guys in blaze on the neighbors property walking out long after i saw the deer. Probably thinking not a good nite because no deer but i watched 4 deer walk in between the 3. One looking up and 2 looking down the hill.  Very funny and i am sure i have been there plenty of times. 

Makes you wonder how good or bad a season really is. 

• Like 2

I have had the best and worst season I've ever had. We don't usually see a ton of deer on my property. Usually happy to see a deer on any given day. Between bow season and rifle I hunted 13 days. Saw deer on 11, bucks 9. But I was not able to shoot anything. All bucks not legal because of antler restrictions and no does gave me a clear shot. I feel like a failure so far but there is people that haven't seen a tail all year so who knows..

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

we are on our second year of a lease and I have learned a ton this year on how the deer are using the property my son wife and i have had opportunities on deer but nothing panned out. granted the season is far from over but the amount of knowledge I have gained, that if I do not connect on a deer I am ok with that. I  would like the wife and son to get a deer so keeping my fingers crossed for that.