Deer are the Enemy - 2016 Season Venting

Curmudgeon

It is what it is ...Yes deer do know what is and isn't safe....I mention the sanctuary a lot...but I'm not mad...Hell I told them how to make it!...Food plots do not guarantee success in ag country and I know if I hit the really hard to get in and out of places on us I'd have what I want or drive to camp......I won't go to public looking because. JUST ME PERSONALLY...find it unfair. Some years they just change their patterns completely...and some years not...some years they are forced to...and some not...is what it is.

Now as far as #'s...the NYSODN says it's been a good year.....maybe...they canvas much more south than us...Winds and weather hasn't been stellar for many in western NY...I am older and wiser...high winds in big timber?...No deer is worth being crushed ,knocked out in cold weather or maimed by falling limbs and trees...Speaking of the sun just came out...I tried cutting the lions out of the doe...nope...so I think I'll take a hike down to the streams..wind is zero right now...may even make it to the swamp...

Edited by growalot

I agree with the statement about the deer numbers in 4F. They are everywhere. We would be doing just fine with 1/3 of the population gone,but that will never happen because those buggers are pretty clever. They avoid places they get spooked out of during daylight hours for sure,at least for a while.

I like the idea of pushing somebody's land even if you can't shoot there,pretty good compromise if the deer didn't somehow know that your gun wasn't loaded. They are smart...

If you have access to a decent amount of land you will find deer almost every time you are out.

I am doing what I can to manage the herd here,going out today to get my fourth for the season...