Now is when the garden...

growalot

and hunting is paying off. I haven't had to shop this week and I may only need to pick up milk and lettuce next week... The store tomatoes have been so nasty , Mr B has been enjoying the dried ones I made on his salads... I froze just about ever veggie possible and stocked up on the "fresh stuff" during Christmas.  Stored right broccoli,Cauliflower,and summer squashes last a long time in a proper fridge. I even put up enough "snack stuff to keep him happy few a few weeks..lol For a person that HATES spending money...This has me very happy...Today I open up a few pumpkins and make one of his favorites roasted spiced(Cajun) pumpkin seeds...then I'll make up some pumpkin snack bars and a pie...Warm the kitchen up enough with the oven( I keep the house at 62) to get some yeast to rise and make some bread...

15 minutes ago, growalot said:

and hunting is paying off. I haven't had to shop this week and I may only need to pick up milk and lettuce next week... The store tomatoes have been so nasty , Mr B has been enjoying the dried ones I made on his salads... I froze just about ever veggie possible and stocked up on the "fresh stuff" during Christmas.  Stored right broccoli,Cauliflower,and summer squashes last a long time in a proper fridge. I even put up enough "snack stuff to keep him happy few a few weeks..lol For a person that HATES spending money...This has me very happy...Today I open up a few pumpkins and make one of his favorites roasted spiced(Cajun) pumpkin seeds...then I'll make up some pumpkin snack bars and a pie...Warm the kitchen up enough with the oven( I keep the house at 62) to get some yeast to rise and make some bread...

Yup we usually only make trips to the grocery store for broccoli, eggs, milk, butter, and ice cream. We keep ours around 67 but will be going up in a few months with a little one on the way. I like wearing sweatshirts around our house to stay warm vs walking around bare chested and sweating.

Edited by chas0218

Actually that's 1 degree high then it use to be...but the winds have been so strong it lets cold air into the kitchen stove vent...We have a program 62 all day and the at 4 it goes to 64. Then at 9 it goes to 62 and at 4am it goes to 64 until 6am... Mr B isn't out side like I am and gets chilled...64 and I'm sweating...I just came in from working and I'm down to a short sleeve work out shirt and tights and sweating....My body temperature runs higher than most people...I have a real difficult time during summer heat..only times I've ever passed out...So This is really my time of year...this spring and fall. As long as the winds aren't whipping..Today  is a great ,great day out there.

I make our own ice cream when we want it. we have two 6 quart outside ice cream makers but those are for the Holiday ice cream. I use the kitchen aid one for us...works slick and is fast, cheaper and healthier than store bought.