Live from the . . . beach?

goosifer

Spending the next few months in St. Augustine, Florida for the annual winter retreat mandated by the Mrs. While down here, I will focus on doing my taxes and researching food plots. My hunting buddies are going to try to do some coyote hunting while I am away. It sucks not being able to join them :sorry:, or look for deals on farming equipment on craigslist, et al, but sometimes you have to pay the piper. A happy wife is a happy life.:rolleyes:

Anyone else have to do forced time away from NY this winter?

WP_20170112_16_16_55_Pro.jpg.5d03bb285aff21a82ccaa0ac329dc4b7 - Copy.jpg

Edited by goosifer
different photo
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, goosifer said:
53 minutes ago, grampy said:

I was a resident there many, many moons ago. Nice place. What beach., Yankee or Vallano?

Vilano. Hurricane damage doesn't look to bad. Lots of demolished piers and walkovers. A few homes got condemned, but overall not as bad as we were expecting.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By goosifer
      I went on a 6-hour offshore fishing trip with my stepson today off the cost of St. Augustine and Jacksonville, FL. I have only fished once before, and that was in a small boat off Long Island years ago. This was a 36 foot 600 hp center console boat. Water was a bit choppy heading 10 miles offshore due to swirling winds. We then headed north about 10 miles towards Jacksonville. For most of the time we had lines in the water, it was non-stop action. We were bottom fishing, and the fish would sometimes hit the bait before I had even set the reel. I must have caught over three dozen fish throughout the day. Unfortunately, most of them got thrown back in the water. We ended up keeping our limit of seabass (5 over 13" each). Over half the fish we caught were red snapper, some nice sized ones, too, but we could not keep any. Also caught a  30# drum fish and a small strawberry grouper that had to go back. If anyone has visions of relaxing while ocean fishing, forget it. There was no place to sit. Instead you had to brace the front of your legs against the sidewall of the boat while holding the rod in your hands. This did not do my back any favors. With all the action, my wrists were actually getting tired. (I know, I know.) Then there was the mid-trip nausea and dry heaves for five minutes. The captain gave me credit for getting right back on the horse and continuing to fish afterwards. I don't mean to complain, I just wanted to relay my actual experience. The captain definitely delivered as far as finding where the fish were goes. As I understand it, trolling-style fishing happens in the summer when the ocean water is warm. Maybe I will give that a try someday.