Detecting in February

greg54

Decided to take advantage of warmer weather and go hunt with the Whites Coinmaster GT and some practice with my Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro. I went to my friends property up on the Lake Ontario shore and worked over the lot some with both detectors. Had to use alot of discrimination on both machines as there is a lot of trash in ground from him tearing down his mobile home and cottage on lot next door he bought. He's going build his retirement home here. Ground was bit wet in some spots, but I recovered a few clad coins and what I believe is part from keychain says OPEL on it. Soil is very acidic as i could only get dates off of 1 penny, a 1976. So it was good to get out and get some air and have fun with hobby, first time I ever hunted in Febuary with detector, it's usually frozen ground!

0221171941.jpg

0220171731.jpg

0221171504.jpg

• Like 2

Used to do it back in the '70's.... Found  some old coins , tools and a lot of junk . I'm sure detectors have improved a bit since then . I'm planning on retiring in late May . Might be a good time killer for me .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That is something that always interested me.

I always try to get some time in....finding a spot, researching where go, all the stuff that goes into the hobby. My 2 detectors are beginner-mid level machines, but they have alot on them to help you find stuff. Physically, my back issues slow me a little, but i'm not in a rush anyways. Today I packed a lunch and coffee in the thermos for my break, and headed out. The exciting thing is you never know what you will dig up!

• Like 1