So much for that plan...

growalot

The weather said 11a.m. storm..then they changed it to 1pm...Well when the rain hit as I picked strawberries I knew it was over...I did get 1/4 of them picked...6 cups hulled and quartered for a rhubarb- strawberry pie I'm putting in the oven.  this is the first real picking...I've gotten about a quart just checking them before I had to spray...A nice  soaking bath in vinegar and a few rinses cleans any residue off the berries...same for all the fruit I have to bug spray. acidic vinegar is a great cleaner for everything.....Lost that 2 hrs I thought I had but did get butter beans ,several rows of beets collards and weeding done. I also found a rather old bag of grain sorghum in the basement...so I dragged it out and decided that the small area at the end of the hay test plot would be a good test for viability...I also got sick of the bluejay hovering over my garden///wonder how much corn is left:mda: and I scattered a whole bunch of it on untilled ground to get them away from the food garden...That worked.. never raked or dragged so I'm thinking not much will come of it either germination due to age or soil cover...rained but not too hard this time around ...enough to ...get us a pie..Alls good:wink:

Stopping at Niagara produce in a bit for strawberries. Our rhubarb doing well. Mama is also going to make a strawberry rhubarb pie. We need to plant more rhubarb Can't figure out what got at leaves on our rhubarb. Slugs ? They did some damage yet I always look and see nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never had any damage to rhubarb leaves, but it has been a wet spring.....Even so, you just use the stalk so it shouldn't matter much.  If you need roots, I have a lot of them.  Central NY.