this deer likes white flash

skyhunter

I do believe that is a buck that has already lost his antlers.................look at the second pic, just up and to the rt. of the rt. eye is a circular patch of standing up hair, as if it was previously around the base of an antler, the other side looks similar.

FDXX75

I do believe that is a buck that has already lost his antlers.................look at the second pic, just up and to the rt. of the rt. eye is a circular patch of standing up hair, as if it was previously around the base of an antler, the other side looks similar.FDXX75

Your exactly right. I have other pictures of this deer where you can clearly see the pedicles where the antlers were once attached. He's a little buck.

Good eye!

Get quite a few shots like that myself. I get annoyed by these shots though when you just get a peak at a piece of an antler and nothng else.

Guess that kinda leads into the question of scent control while hanging cams. Are you guys sticklers about it or like myself hanging them with a ciggy hanging from your trap, and greasy bacon fingers from the mornings breakfast? :)

I will admit though to having some bucks hang just out of flash range sometimes staring at the cam for several shots. :-\  Usualy not often enough to be of much concern and I can make adjustments to light levels on the computer to show me what I need to see.

Not me, not lick of it. I think the whole scent control thing is blown way out of proportion to make $$$.

From a hunting standpoint, when you consider the fact that your head gives off a very high concentration of your total ordor, it really doesn't matter that much what you washed and what you sprayed down. The "new" odor that your head constantly creates in the "here and now" cannot be contained.

However they are very successful at marketing this "necessity". :)

I see your point on the trail camera side of it though and would agree somewhat that it could be a factor in the short term.

Not me, not lick of it. I think the whole scent control thing is blown way out of proportion to make $$$.

From a hunting standpoint, when you consider the fact that your head gives off a very high concentration of your total ordor, it really doesn't matter that much what you washed and what you sprayed down. The "new" odor that your head constantly creates in the "here and now" cannot be contained.

However they are very successful at marketing this "necessity". :)

I see your point on the trail camera side of it though and would agree somewhat that it could be a factor in the short term.

I would have to disagree with the the part about the " your head gives off a very high concentration of your total ordor".....................I know for a fact, several guys who sit on the source of their high concentration of odor.........................LOL.

I do agree with you about the odor control hype, I think alot of it is market driven. Have I ever been winded and been told by a deer "I know you are over there somewhere" sure, do I worry about my scent and wind direction all the time..............no, do I shoot deer consistantly..........yes.

FDXX75