A-MAZE-N smoker

moog5050

So I have a 30" master built electric smoker that I just tried for the first time on Sunday. Worked pretty good but I wanted a bit more consistency with the smoke level.   Found this a-maze-n pellet smoker that is designed to cold smoke or add extra smoke and it is awesome.  Made specifically for my smoker but works in any closed outdoor grill. Makes slow burning thin blue smoke.  Highly recommended and cheap.  Even if you wanted to smoke in a grill, it would work.  You can cold smoke cheeses and nuts with it too because it produces almost no heat. 

http://www.amazenproducts.com/

I'm intrigued. Especially for the cheeses. I do smoke almonds at 200-225 all the time and they're amazing. Sautéed first in butter and dry rub. Put in metal collindar and right on smoker. Tried cheese once , 120 was a little warm as cheese started to melt thru grate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I'm intrigued. Especially for the cheeses. I do smoke almonds at 200-225 all the time and they're amazing. Sautéed first in butter and dry rub. Put in metal collindar and right on smoker. Tried cheese once , 120 was a little warm as cheese started to melt thru grate

Recipe for rub with almonds?  How long in the smoker?  Have all Sat to play.  Lol

I have the 5x8 because it was made for this smoker and if you fill all 3 rows, it will supposedly burn for 12hrs.  Started a test tonight and going to see if it makes it until morning.  Looking good 2 hours later.  Much more consistent than the wood chip burner but I may run both when I smoke meat next time. 

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:
Recipe for rub with almonds?  How long in the smoker?  Have all Sat to play.  Lol

I've used 3 or so different store bought rubs but I think you could whip one up pretty easily. Throw a good chunk of butter in skillet , almonds in and keep stirring them as adding rub. Careful , use medium heat or they may burn. You can make a tinfoil canoe , punch holes in it and pour almonds into it instead of metal collindar too. Wait til you eat some warm off the smoker It's tough to stop eating them.
I've smoked them from 1.5 hours to 3 hours. Like most things you almost can't over smoke anything. 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

I use the expanding tube smoker in my pellet grill all the time. 

I have a old masterbuilt cabinet smoker I use as a cold smoke cabinet for cheese, bacon ECT. I connected a mailbox with a 4' length of dryer vent hose to the lower vent on the smoker. I place the tube in the Mailbox so there's no heat in the smoker. The tube does generate a bit of heat. 

I smoke my cheddar with hickory for 4 hrs. Vac seal and into the fridge for several weeks to mellow.   

Edited by mowin