Letchworth

DanielT

That's a beast. My buddy next to the park sent me this today. They sure didn't make it very public to the bear hunting on the park. Lots of people on Facebook just trashing this guy for killing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Easier to take it out down the river...
That's why he should have tagged it and stayed off Facebook probably....
Congrats to him....wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DanielT said:

Easier to take it out down the river...
That's why he should have tagged it and stayed off Facebook probably....
Congrats to him....wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Pretty shady crap on the Parks side. They write on the shotgun permit..Deer Only and then never write it out that Bear could be taken with Muzzy/Bow permit.  They didnt want many taken so they kept it on the down low and if a person did not hear the rumor and call to ask they never would know.  Problem is now with the mix up and confusion next year they will be shot on site with all weapons because people will seee/hear about this bear and think its blast away at will time.

Seeing bears in the park and getting them on trail cam has be a great experience the last few years, but I would not shoot one given the chance because I'd rather see them alive. I bet the park started to see issues with the bears and campers or something so they opened up the season on them. The bears wander off the park and get shot, so it would have been nice to leave them a place to get a pass. It's a thrill to see a black bear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetails said:

He did. Then i called and was told by girl at front office that they were not that she was aware of and that she saw nothing on the permits about them being in season. 

I hope if something fishy is going on that it gets exposed.