Fletch's Freezer Filler Fun 2017

Fletch

10/14 am 60

Down in the outer hole stand for 3 hours. At 7:50 had a spike come in to about 25 yards. He got a wind swirl and did not like it. He didn't bust out just changed direction. About 5 minutes later had a 3-4 pointer come from same area. This one came by at 20 yards and was just browsing around me for 20-30 minutes.

Also saw two bearded turkeys out about 120 yards. Wishing for cooler weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/15 am 61

Down in the outer hole stand this morning for 3 hours since the wind was perfect for it. Absolutely nothing going on until about 9 or so and had a couple Toms sneak in behind me. Then a bunch more to my side. There were at least 6 and a couple real nice ones. All sporting beards. I ran into them going out as well. I'm sure they will disappear before the 21st lol. Not even bothering tonight with 78 degrees predicted.

• Like 1

10/16 am 47

Out in the far stand behind the house for 1.5 hours. Had something walk by me before light, heavy footfalls and snapped sticks. At about 7:30am had a spike come in from the front left. I saw right off he was little so did not grab the bow even. I then see a second coming so I can't see any big headgear so figure another small buck. They come right in to me and I can't see anything on the second deers head and it is as big or bigger than the 1.5yo spike. I can't move now as she is 5 feet from me and I get a good look she is a doe lol. They browse around for a while and head out left and gave me a chance to grab the bow. At 30 yards she gave me a broadside and hit her good. She ran 30 yards, stopped and fell over dead. I like when the fall in site. Got her dressed, dragged and hung up. not going to win any awards at 103 pounds but she will eat good!!

• Like 2

10/16 pm 48

Just slipped out back to the property line pine for the last hour. It's just a short throw from the lawn so easy to get in without any disturbance. Saw two rabbits while in stand and one on way out. All those yotes I have must be poor hunters!! Nothing else.

10/17 am 32

Well it was nice and chilly this morning. No frost though. I jumped a couple yotes of yesterdays gut pile. I dragged the deer a couple hundred yards away from stand down trail re gutting. mid watch I had a deer run out from the thickets near where that pile was. Must have been spooke by a yote or the crime scene? That was all I saw. I grabbed two cards on way out and man the yotes, 3 of them, have been all over and in the backyard a lot. I need to start looking out back more during the day and keep the 22 mag handy. They need to go.

• Like 2

10/19 pm 70

I snuck out back into the tower blind for the last hour. I basically wanted to get in this stand and clean the leaves out. Make sure I can shoot a bow out of it now. I have not tried since I closed it in. This stand overlooks the spot I have the big boy on cam. He has been there 4 diff times in the last couple weeks but all at night. Also have a TON of yote pics here. I will let this spot sit for another week or so. I want the prerut to be going, I don't want to hog the spot up. Also my son will be out again in crossbow in a couple weeks and I want to put him here. Nothing sighted.

10/20 am 45

Nice cool morning in the outer hole stand. Had a little breeze as well. The leaves are getting deep, dry and loud as heck. Squirrels were out in force and knocking hickory nuts all over. Deer were not.

Edited by Fletch

10/25 am 54

Out in the far stand out back for 2 hours. Had something cone through in dark that sounded like a yote to me. Then a bit later something running to my right that sounded bigger. It got light and was dead....until 8:15 when my phone alarm went off! Doh I am pretty good about that I'm just glad the biggun was not in front of me lol.

I pulled the card from the cam by the tower and there were two young bucks sparring there at 7:30am and another through at 8:30am. Might have been one of the same unless there are two now missing half a rack.

10/26 am 47

Real nice morning. I had a coyote come right into me before light. It was still hazy out. I pulled back and just could not get him lined up too dark. Lucky little bastid! At around 7:40 had a 1.5 yr old 6 come in and hang out for about 15 minutes. Sat for 2 hours and had to get to work. Hunting out of the tower stand is not my fave. It has positives like keeping you out of the elements, you can move around a bit....

But in bow I can only shoot one direction, which is the likely shot anyhow. I feel I can't hear anything outside well lol and every sound I make is amplified inside. I took a practice shot at the end of the sit and man the bow is loud shooting in there!! Oh well it is a good spot and that is where the 10 has been as well as a couple other nice ones. It is just different, I'm used to the wide openstand with the bow.

I feel a short day at work!

• Like 1

10/26 pm 53

Back out in the tower for 2 hours. Pretty slow until last few minutes of legal. Had a doe and fawn work across ridge 100 yards out. Then past legal I was getting packed up and the one antlered 3 point popped out in the green. He busted me a bit and slowly hopped outa Dodge.

• Like 1

10/27/17 am 39

2 hours out in the far stand out back. Just before 8 had a yote come through too far out. I tried to call him closer but he did not think much of that idea. Was really hoping to see some action. I pulled the card by the tower on way in and small buck was there again this morning. Did not miss much. I think I will be leaving work early again today lol. It looks like Sunday and Monday will be disaster days.

10/28 pm 70

In the tower blind lovin the heat! Around 5 had the one antlered come in. I saw him work a scrape way out then come in. He actually is a 4 pt and 2.5 yr old. Not the one I want. He winded me and I don't know what I was thinking tonight, maybe rain and cover lol, but the wind was off for this watch. He did not like me. He still coulda got shot since he left and came back. Blew at me too a lot, little sucker!

8 hours today 1 deer bla this heat stinks! Now monsoon for two days!