Crow hunting

Buckmaster7600

On 8/19/2017 at 6:54 PM, Pygmy said:

I was a crow killing sumbitch when I was a young feller......Me and a buddy or two killed 50 plus in a day  a number of times...

Anymore I generally limit my killing to things that I eat or things that are directly being a PITA to me, like woodchucks burrowing under my buildings or porcupines eating my treestands.

However, being a wingshooter at heart, I would LOVE  to get in on another good crow shoot or two before I kick the bucket....Hehehehehe...

So, U don't kills the crows anymore...so R U just an old sumbitch now? Just wondering. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

A little dry rub, wrap in bacon, smoke with apple wood chips for about 2 hours. Unwrap, eat bacon and throw crow in the trash.

The Real TC and I went out last year. Few dekes, Fox Pro caller. Lots of laughs, few shots  and NO birds were hit in the process. Would definitely be some fun to get on a big dawn or evening flight to/from roosting area. And I'm a terrible wing shooter BTW 

After seeing them pecking at fly infested roadkill, eating them is not on my agenda, LOL. But I have hunted them, lots of fun.

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

So, U don't kills the crows anymore...so R U just an old sumbitch now? Just wondering. 

I haven't sworn off killing them...I just don't do it anymore on a regular basis..I did go out last year with a couple of friends who used to hunt crows with me years ago and we shot a dozen or so...

Edited by Pygmy

A little dry rub, wrap in bacon, smoke with apple wood chips for about 2 hours. Unwrap, eat bacon and throw crow in the trash.
The Real TC and I went out last year. Few dekes, Fox Pro caller. Lots of laughs, few shots  and NO birds were hit in the process. Would definitely be some fun to get on a big dawn or evening flight to/from roosting area. And I'm a terrible wing shooter BTW 

Wing shootin ain't my forte either. I have spent a lot of time shooting clays this summer and I got a sweet new auto blaster in hopes of upping my game.

As much as I hate long barrels I have learned that a 18" barrel isn't ideal for shooting flyin critters.

After last years crow hunting debacles I looked in the cabinet and have well over 20 shotguns and not 1 with a barrel over 22" other than single shots. This new fine Italian piece I bought now ought to killem and cookem for what I got into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2