Clover spraying question

I plan on spraying my clover to kill grass and broad leaf using Butyrac and Clethodim both state that a Surfatant "crop oil" should be used for best results.. Now after doing a lil research i have found where it says adding a couple table spoons of mild dish soap and vegatable oil to the sprayer will do the same as a store bought crop oil. Any one know of this or have tried it. And no im not doing both sprays at the same time.

I never use chemicals to control weeds in clover, so sorry I can't help with that one. Do you have a bush-hog ?  That is my primary tool for weed control on clover.   Grass can't handle mowing like clover can and it usually looses the battle (for several years anyhow) if you keep it clipped a few times per season.  If your local population is up, sometimes the deer will keep it clipped for you.     Clover also builds up nitrogen in the soil, which grass loves, so over the years the grass competition escalates.   When I start to see the grass winning the battle, I know there is lots of nitrogen in the ground.  That is when I roll those clover plots over with a plow in the spring, disk them up, and put in a heavy nitrogen user - i.e CORN.  That corn grows like crazy on those old clover plots.   The best part is, if you minimize herbicide usage on the corn,  the clover comes back great the next year, often without even needing to be reseeded.   

I usually get 4-5 years out of a clover plot, before it is ready to be plowed under for corn.  That requires about 3/4 of my foodplot acreage in clover and the other 1/4 in corn on any given year.       

51 minutes ago, land 1 said:

I plan on spraying my clover to kill grass and broad leaf using Butyrac and Clethodim both state that a Surfatant "crop oil" should be used for best results.. Now after doing a lil research i have found where it says adding a couple table spoons of mild dish soap and vegatable oil to the sprayer will do the same as a store bought crop oil. Any one know of this or have tried it. And no im not doing both sprays at the same time.

In lieu of a surfactant, the soap / oil will work. I have used 2,4-D on clover... with so-so results. 

no brush hog ive just been hitting the taller broad leaf with weed whacker , the more i read on 2,4-d not a good idea for 1st year clover. i just ordered cleth so next week ill spray for grasses. and just skip broad leaf this year and just hit with the ole weed whacker... the weeds and grass isnt bad by any means just dont want it to get to the point it seeds out