No Till Food Plots

Ok I have an area where I would like to put a food plot.  I don't have heavy equipment to turn the ground over.  The area is all goldenrod and I would like to know how well the no till food plots would work in this area.  I assume I need to get rid of the goldenrod but what about the seeds that will remain in the soil even if the goldenrod was removed?

Depends what you are looking to plant. If you are looking to plant something in August then just mow the golden rod a couple times during the summer and then spray it 2-4 weeks before you want to plant it. if you are looking for a spring planting then spray the golden rod while it is still young but it is all starting to grow so you are sure to get it all. Just dont let the goldenrod grow up because it will take 3x as much herbicide to kill it. A lil more info and i will be able to help you more.

A field of golden rod is good cover, but if you have a lot of cover and you need/want food plots just cut the golden rod down and spray as it starts to regrow, you may need to re-apply the herbacide to get a complete kill. you didn't say how large an area , or what you are looking to plant, a large rake can be used to remove the ground trash, or an old box spring draged by an atv. Small seeds just need the top of the soil loosened,again with a rake. Larger seeds need a deeper planting and the soil loosened deeper a lot of work with a spade.

Soil test is a must. Best if you lime way ahead of time to get your PH up. That way your plants will be able to get the nutrients out of the soil they need.  And definetly use the weed killer, it makes it a little more expensive but will make a huge difference.