Rompola Buck

erussell

Is this deer a fake or Real  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is this deer a fake or Real

• Fake
    • Real
    • Don't know

you need to read a bit more about Rampola then "G"... he was never bashful about publicity... like I said .. he was no stanger to killing record book bucks... and it may very well be real for all anyone really knows except Rampola and the guys that supposably scored the buck... I just highly doubt it based on what I know from the B&C community and the series of events that took place after it was reported.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you may not know is that Rampola was a B&C and P&Y measurer and trained the guys that scored his rack... here are two interesting articles about the rampola and the buck... he was also offered $20,000 to have the skull xrayed and take a polygraph test...not sure what these articles prove or disprove but interesting reads none the less

http://whitetail.com/rompolagate.html

http://whitetail.com/rompolagate2.html

ITs just funny all the other scams had someone blow them in yet rompola has 3 measures 2 concervation officers vouching for them,heck i bet they could sell the truth to a hunting mag and make some cash if it was a hoax. LIke i said i don't know but i bet when he dies and others controll the mount the truth will come out. As for the bur thing the pedicles may be tipped out, it maybe a one in a million. Taking a measurement and computing  the bur distance is a lot different than actually measuring it...dont believe me try the program buckscore and take a picture of a known scored mount and measure it. it takes a bit of practice to get the technique right so the score will come out the  same and this is using cutting edge tech 2010 not 1998..you all know how fast electronics are made obsolete.

I find it amazing all the old deer that were never measured and are found hanging in bars,garages,barns the b&c club has been around for years...everyone must of had a reason for not getting it scored at the time. and others brought it to light years later...same will probably happen with this..

I will say that you will see this rack fall off the face of this earth long before rompala falls off the face of this earth.That way nobody will ever know.If he was crafty enough to try a scam like this then he is smart enough to remove any racks that have been fabricated.This one and any others he has hanging!!

I find it amazing all the old deer that were never measured and are found hanging in bars,garages,barns the b&c club has been around for years...everyone must of had a reason for not getting it scored at the time. and others brought it to light years later...same will probably happen with this..

I have met tons of hunters that didn't even know that a scoring system existed.... I'm sure that was more true years and years ago

I believe Mitch has forgotten more about killing big bucks than most of us know.

Find a copy of Bowhuntings whitetail masters and read the chapter about him.

That book came up long prior to his killing the controversial buck.

Legit or not who knows? As a hunter it is hard not to respect his ability.

No doubt...If those were legit kills.If he had the same guys score all the other bucks and they were b+c scorers.Who knows..If you read the info on where these bucks were taken its not an area of high scoreing deer.They say if that area produces a 150in whitetail that is huge for that area.That area does not have the genitics or feed to produce big whitetails.There is a big cloud over this fellas head so now its hard to tell what is fact or screwed together!!!!

Not to be agrumentative but killing big bucks doesn't make him a great hunter... where, when and how he kills those big bucks might though... There are numerous guys that have walls full of trophies from South Texas and other controlled hunting situations.. I might call them good shooters... but not necessarily good hunters... IMO the story of how and where is more important than how many..