A favorite spot...

growalot

This was one of my first plot areas on the property...I  had to bring the back hoe down and dig out a lot of stumps and dig a drainage ditch..Very wet in spring and wet seasons due to the hill run off. It's what I call the oak flats...as you can see not really flat..nowhere on our place is actually flat....It's a small opening with bedding islands next to the cam tree and where that little one is headed...there is also another small area next to it over a drainage ditch and two planted trails into it.  Actually on either side of that bedding area...the bedding is surrounded by plots.  It's been this way for nearly 20 years and they all use it, bed and lots of doe chasing occurs here.During season I hunt the edges and thanks to quiet trails,I can get in close enough for shots. from the angle you see from  the camera, LONG way in, and from the north east side. I have a great turkey blind on the north west but I really have to know their movement times and have a good south wind to hunt it in deer season because the doe love it, the buck do to and the doe hang here mostly midday ...but travel through morning and evenings to bigger plots and mast on either side...That is when we don't have the great acorn drop we are having now.

Anyways.... It's one of my most relaxing pretty spots to hunt in the middle of our property. More than once dozed off in the surrounding stands....I cut a 130yrd shooting lane from the new tower blind to this plot for the 243..catches the far left edge,your left, all the way down the connecting trail plot which makes it closer to a 200yrd shot op. What are some of your most relaxing stand sets...The ones that make you sleepy?

PICT0005 (9).JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1