How to remove BH from 3D target

moog5050

Thought this may help someone.  Was getting my recurve ready to hunt again.  Put a good shot on the 3D with a broadhead and followed it with a FP that hit the back edge of the BH dislodging it from the arrow and pushing it further in the target.   I didn't want to cut it out as it was a new insert.  So after failed attempts at trying to fish it out with needle nose pliers, I used a long socket extension (wrench cup side towards BH) and was able to drive it out the other side.  Minimal damage to the insert and BH. Just an FYI and hopefully helpful to someone 

• Like 6

Another trick instead of buying expensive inserts for the target. Take saran wrap wrap it around your target tight then take a can of spray foam and insert it into the plastic wrap fill it up and you have a new insert!!. I only do this on the cheap 3d targets. The inserts are as much as the target on sale.

• Like 1

And modest!

If only I could get a deer I would be a triple threat. At least lucky for me my girlfriend used to be a hardcore vegetarian and won't eat red meat, only chicken and turkey. Otherwise I'd be in big trouble.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk