Hunting land for sale!

Hi guys! It is with a heavy heart, that I write this message, and with hopes that maybe one of you on here could possibly scoop this up to enjoy for yourselves, and maybe let me continue to enjoy for years to come. The land belongs to my uncle, and is a farm plot in Charleton, New York in Schenectady county, and I must say is ABSOLUTELY LOADED with deer. I'm not sure of the exact details, but I know it is approximately 100 acres, and includes a 5 acre pond stocked to the brim with largemouth bass and sunfish. For the past 10 years or so my Uncle has generously leased the land to a farmer, who has failed to pay his dues, and my aging uncle, no longer wants to bare the burden of the tax cost, and helping to take care of the land, so he is evicting the farmer, and selling the property. I will tell you I've had some fantastic memories fishing the pond, but my interest in hunting only peaked  within the past few years, and by the time I got the wits to ask to hunt the land, the farm was already established, and they don't want me hunting with the other animals around. I know for a fact the land is LOADED with deer. Here's the thing, I cant convince him to give the land to me, due to the tax cost (which is about $7,000 a year for the land alone), and hes looking for around $285,000, which I'm sure is negotiable, but unfortunatelty, WAY outside of my price range. The land has been officially made forever wild, and cannot be developed, except for a small plot, which would be large enough to build a considerable sized home. If you are interested and would like more details, PM me, and I can find out whatever I can. My hopes are that if someone on here actually did purchase the land, that they would repay me for the tip, and allow me to hunt and fish the property.

Did I mention that part of the land has an apple orchard? Again, this is PRIME whitetail territory. I don't know everything there is to know, and again, if interested send me a pm and I can send u the address so you can google earth the property or whatever.

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Maybe somebody can snatch it up before it goes to a sleazy realtor................. :)

(relax, I'm joshing all you on-line realtors here)

Well, luckily for us, our cousin is a realtor, so they are going to have her do the work for it. Im still working on my uncle, letting him know that I am interested in the property, hoping he will gift it to me... lol but I don't foresee that happening.

• 8 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 7:54 AM, Iluvracks1359 said:

Well, luckily for us, our cousin is a realtor, so they are going to have her do the work for it. Im still working on my uncle, letting him know that I am interested in the property, hoping he will gift it to me... lol but I don't foresee that happening.

What was the outcome of this deal??