Tip up help

avg. joe

Many years ago I had a couple of tip-ups that I just loved. They were the most freeze proof things ever. The "flag" was more or less an orange float inside of a clear tube full of, or most likely antifreeze. It was held down with a magnet on the spool. Over the years they were either lost or loaned and never returnedtango_face_crying.png. Anybody ever have any of these? Do they still make them? Now that I have the time to get back into ice fishing I would like to get a couple of them.

I believe that is what he was talking about.  I like those becasue they take up little room.  The ones I have gone to that really resist freeze up are the Polar-therms.  Never had one freeze and it can be set for light bites or set heavy to resist a false flag from big bait fish

https://www.fishusa.com/product/HT-Enterprises-Polar-Therm-Extreme-Tip-Up

• Like 1

Birdhunter, thanks for the info, I may check those out. It isn't quite it , but may be something to look at. They look like those, only the riser was clear and the float rose thru the liquid on a trip. I looked through some old pics hoping to find something that would either jar my memory or show as an example but found nothing. Culvercreek, I will look at those also. It has been a long time since I used tip ups and remember lots of hassles and freeze ups. Looks like lots of changes in the last 30+ years.