CIA- FOOD not spies

crappyice

I’m taking my wife to the Culinary Institute this weekend for a dinner and a hotel night away from the kids. We should be arriving in the area around 2:00. What else should we see/do while I the area. Bare in mind it’s going to be 0 degrees Saturday in that area.

Antique shops? Bars? Historic sites? Bars? Craft stores? Bars? In other words where am drinking before I go eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Go to Vanderbilts  Mansion in Hyde Park, you could also go to Roosevelt's Estate - also in Hyde Park.  You could go to Copollo's restaurant in Hyde Park- the bar tender is John- a great deer hunter in our area. The Brewery is right on Rt. 9 also.  

All these places are within 5 minutes of the CIA.  Have fun and enjoy!

Jeff P.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, halfnelson said:

Go to Vanderbilts  Mansion in Hyde Park, you could also go to Roosevelt's Estate - also in Hyde Park.  You could go to Copollo's restaurant in Hyde Park- the bar tender is John- a great deer hunter in our area. The Brewery is right on Rt. 9 also.  

All these places are within 5 minutes of the CIA.  Have fun and enjoy!

Jeff P.

Coppola's is the best restaurant in Hyde Park,great food

• Like 1

Alright halfnelson and Dom- just left copollos. Your reviews are SPOT ON! John is legit. When I told him who I was and how I found this place, he immediately went back to the kitchen and broke out a plate of venison salami, cheese and olives.

a562cd4b8a28c5d06b4b6b1558ee1c40.jpg&key=be1f6d10779e66673c0e0c6cd34db180414099d842c9f6b899fc4c5744538433

5 minutes later he brings out this:

d4e6c1ccd79ddf33cf98304f43aab71f.jpg&key=f919d3ba6c68117e4bdbbbdb54c1b7d6c92511c293bc7cd0024b57dec40ad972

Cold venison backstraps on warm bread with cracked pepper.

AMAZING- except for the fact that my wife who usually leaves my venison alone now wants me to make pounds of venison salami from east fishkill provisions.

Two bourbons and red wines later we left to ready ourselves for cIA. John says, “see ya later. Seriously we are open late-you’ll be starving when you leave CIA!” Great sense of humor.

Great guy- perfect experience after hitting some antique shops in the area.

Oh yeah, one more thing- a little help in the physical description would have made me less skeptical walking in there - kind a looked run down and shitty - I NEVER would have gone there without your recommendation and almost didn’t until I re-checked the post that said that’s the place!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Alright halfnelson and Dom- just left copollos. Your reviews are SPOT ON! John is legit. When I told him who I was and how I found this place, he immediately went back to the kitchen and broke out a plate of venison salami, cheese and olives.

a562cd4b8a28c5d06b4b6b1558ee1c40.jpg&key=be1f6d10779e66673c0e0c6cd34db180414099d842c9f6b899fc4c5744538433

5 minutes later he brings out this:

d4e6c1ccd79ddf33cf98304f43aab71f.jpg&key=f919d3ba6c68117e4bdbbbdb54c1b7d6c92511c293bc7cd0024b57dec40ad972

Cold venison backstraps on warm bread with cracked pepper.

AMAZING- except for the fact that my wife who usually leaves my venison alone now wants me to make pounds of venison salami from east fishkill provisions.

Two bourbons and red wines later we left to ready ourselves for cIA. John says, “see ya later. Seriously we are open late-you’ll be starving when you leave CIA!” Great sense of humor.

Great guy- perfect experience after hitting some antique shops in the area.

Oh yeah, one more thing- a little help in the physical description would have made me less skeptical walking in there - kind a looked run down and shitty - I NEVER would have gone there without your recommendation and almost didn’t until I re-checked the post that said that’s the place!

Yes need to do some updating but being the only good place to eat in town will have to wait until spring summer.John is a great Guy.Anyone going to visit the area this is the go to spot.