T-Minus 6 days!

TurkeyHuntPA_NY

Well today I watched as my favorite blind was taken off line :( ....Heard the gobbles and a bit later got out binocs and spied a Tom ...jake and 2 hens....in a strutting zone...then they milled around a bit and the Jake left...the two hens started moving off toward the blind area and about an hour later I glassed the woods and caught movement...they both ...within 40yrds of each other had nested behind the blind...The Tom was hanging out... off a ways..

I am now going to have to go out tomorrow morning before light.... if weather permits.... to see where they are flying down and what direction they are moving in from....I've taken a few birds from that blind area.....sly devils :'(

Well  today was the first good morning we've had around here...Toms gobbling near and far....couple of early morning shot guns went off as well >;) ....I sat with the favorite blind between me in the shooting house and our house and this is what I saw this morning......Now if the early morning shooting around here stops...I may get a bird before Mid to late May...May first really can't get here fast enough now ;D ....I know what direction some of them are traveling from and I think 2 nesting areas....Favorite blind will be off line...they were there again today when I was able to start back home...Oh well more turkeys for the future ..worth it :)