our season is way too late....

sits in trees

The reason you see that action is because turkey are having sex.  That is so they can reproduce.  Hopefully most of the breeding is done when the season starts so we can kill all the male birds and have females left to hatch more butterballs.

When does the season open?

Yes, Lawdwaz is right. The peak breeding happens in April, so the hens are already knocked up so they can produce more turkeys for the upcoming seasons. if we hunted them during april they would not be any birds too populate for the upcoming hunting years. It works out sometimes because usually the hens are starting to ignore the gobblers and that where the hunters come in to pretend the are an interested hen.

Yes, Lawdwaz is right. The peak breeding happens in April, so the hens are already knocked up so they can produce more turkeys for the upcoming seasons. if we hunted them during april they would not be any birds too populate for the upcoming hunting years. It works out sometimes because usually the hens are starting to ignore the gobblers and that where the hunters come in to pretend the are an interested hen.

Me CORRECT?  Do I win anything??

I'm just messin' with you guys. 

It's the same with gun deer season.  If we hunted bucks with the gun in October & early November there wouldn't be many survivors to pass on the Wranglers.

It's the same with gun deer season.  If we hunted bucks with the gun in October & early November there wouldn't be many survivors to pass on the Wranglers.

Jeez Larry.....you have my respect and admiration....isn't that enough?

:):D :D

Jeez Larry.....you have my respect and admiration....isn't that enough?

:):D :D

I'm always looking for more....................................... ;D

How about them Sabres?  Very disappointing showing.  Now I can go to bed early without staying up for a game during turkey season! 

How'd you make out on the Youth Hunt??

Dismal showing in that game 7.....after they blew that 3-0 lead last game,I gave up hope.......

Girl I was to take decided to go with someone else (uncle I think), missed a bird, had her shoot way to far IMO.  I drove above and glassed what was to be "our" spot; 2 tom's 10 yds from my blind that I built. Wish I could hunt that spot, but I got permission for 1 young hunter only.....maybe next year.