powder coated bullets

rachunter

anyone reload with powder coated bullets in a rifle? I've been using cast lead bullets in my 3030 for practice shooting.I'm getting to the end of a box and needed to order more when i came across the pc bullets.It seem the pistol guys love them,but not much is said from rifle shooters.I'm not having any leading problem that a little elbow grease can't take care of,but if i can eliminate it for a few buck more why not. Anyone have any pro's or con's with them?

http://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=233&category=20&secondary=&keywords=

I shoot .451 cal and .429 bullets from a company called blue bullets. In my carbines they shoot very well but when pushed to hard make a mess. They'll still lead if the coating is damaged during loading.

If you're not getting bad leading not now I would stick with a hardcast lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 6:34 PM, rachunter said:
On 1/31/2018 at 6:34 PM, rachunter said:

I've been using cast lead bullets in my 3030 for practice shooting.I'm getting to the end of a box and needed to order more when i came across the pc bullets.It seem the pistol guys love them,but not much is said from rifle shooters.I'm not having any leading problem that a little elbow grease can't take care of,but if i can eliminate it for a few buck more why not. Anyone have any pro's or con's with them?

For rifles and even higher velocity handgun loads I have gone to copper plated lead bullets, "Berry" is one manufacturer that I like a lot. They are a bit more precise than a cast bullet and the copper wash keeps barrels pretty much lead free. They produce mostly handgun type bullets but they do make a few for rifles including the 30-30. Natchez is a good source for Berry's line and the prices are not bad.

Al

https://www.natchezss.com/

2018-02-03_073605.png

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...